I would like to thank the following folks:.
- Gray Beeker - for the use of Tracker.
- Sal Robertson - for the use of Lightning
- Marshall Costello - for script doctoring, and putting up with my constant.. 'How does this sound?' when he was trying to watch TV
- Shapcano - for constant encouragement and inspiration through his lost boys series and the general support that comes from a friend who tells you what you're doing wrong. (and for
keeping me from killing off some of my favorite characters)
- Shadorat - Master of Winterhawk's Virtual Mage Space, for encouragement, freindship and getting me hooked on Savatage. (not to mention proof reading etc, etc, etc)
- Bai Shen - For asking - 'Then what happens?' and 'Cool chap, when's the next one?' (and proof reading!)
- Vis - for a well timed compliment that helped me keep going.
- Shodorat and Bai Shen for taking over the Proof reading for me since I was doing a lousy job with it!
- Adventure Joe - For listening to my ramblings about the story and encouraging me in the project.
- Sisters of Mercy - Slight Case of Overbombing - (that was listened too way too much throughout )
Erratta and Misc. ramblings:
- All Lyrics except those mentioned in chapter 42 - Mary Decker
- Lyrics in Chapter 42 -
- RUSH - The Pass
- Dokken - Dream Warriors
- Marie Brennan - Against the wind.
- Ginger - Solid Ground
- Concrete Blonde - I donít need a hero
- Stan Bush - Dare
- Pat Benatar - All Fired up.
- L.A. Guns-Shoot for Thrills
- Beausoliel - Conja
- Jimmy Buffett - Cheeseburger in Paradise
- Kiss - Just a boy
- The Alan Parsons Project - Since the last good-bye
- October Project - Ariel
- Triumph - Take a stand
- Eurythmics - Angel
- Clannad - In a Lifetime
- Albinoni - Concerti a cinque, Op 5 No 1 in B flat
The terms "Maguin" and "Shoumenren" were taken from the Anglicized Chinese words for 'Mother' and 'Doorman.' Except, of
course, 'mother' is actually anglicized as 'Muqin' but my inability to spell kicked in and I ended up with Maguin.
Sushi Ninja is an actual restaurant in Rockville MD. Every time I've been there, the tables are arranged differently. A friend
speculated that this was to throw off rival ninja clans... I'm beginning to think he's right.
How it all began.
I had just finished posting 'Happy Birthday' when two scenes came to mind. The first was a slightly different version of Rabbit/Duck/Wulf sneaking through Briar's house. The other
was a news snippet of 'Also killed in the blast was intern Daniel TwoBears.' I figured it would take maybe 200 pages to tell the story (foolish mortal) I had started it and then I decided to try something more.
I always wanted to see if I could do an epic saga with umteen different plot lines converging into one main event.
Well... I think I did it.
Doing a serial has been an interesting experience and, for the most part, an 'E ticket ride!'
Coming soon : Maiden Fair - How Minh met Duck and Tracker.
Return to Story Page